7 comments

Pam wanted to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge for her Life List, and I wanted to help someone with a List item, so we did!

I was excited to do this because it’s become my unofficial life’s mission to help other people (especially women) grab life by the you-know-whats and be fearless.  It’s more fun to be feisty!  Air punch!

Pam actually needs no help in the feisty department, which made us great friends.  Here she is yelling at me to put my camera down so she can take a photo of me.

We made a giant Twitter hashtag for our walk, because we are internet nerds and this is what we do.  I left it in a cab, though, so if you found a rather large hashtag sign in your taxi, that was me.

This is the whole group:

Jennifer, Shannon, April’s friend whose name escapes me because I am a bad person Erin, Pam and April

I call this photo “The group of white women that I led across a bridge”.

Here are our feet.

Here is me and Pam at the end of the bridge.  I look sweaty!  (Note the Lydia pin in my hair.)

There was a tourist right at the end taking a photo of the bridge that I was clearly going to be in, so I smiled and waved.  “You are very beautiful!” he said, heavily accented.  I said to Shannon, “He must be from one of those countries where women are sexy if they have all of their teeth.  Or he’s half blind.”

“Hey hey hey!  You just take that compliment!” she admonished me.

So I did.

Thank you to List PlanIt for sponsoring our morning Starbucks!

Anyone else need a hand with a Life List item?  I am so there.

August 12th, 2010 | posted in life list |

7 comments on 'Life List: Do Another Person’s Life List Item (that isn’t on my Life List, too) With Them – Check!'

1. Jennifer

12 Aug 10 at 6:30 pm

I had so much fun hanging out, walking the bridge. Thanks for being an amazing guide! xoxo

2. Briar

12 Aug 10 at 11:13 pm

Well, you assisted me by speaking kindly to me at the Volstead, since my Life List includes getting over my terror of parties where I don’t know anyone. So thank you.

3. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Amber Marlow Blatt, Marelisa. Marelisa said: Great idea: help someone else cross an item off of their life list http://bit.ly/aLfIDy #bucketlist #lifelist [...]

4. Ammo

13 Aug 10 at 11:34 am

What a great idea! I didn’t put that on my life list, but it doesn’t mean I can’t do it! I actually didn’t know anyone with a life list until I made mine. Now all my friends, and even new people I meet want to start one! I accomplished #50 last night: lay on a car hood watching a meteor shower. It was splendiferous!

5. Jessica

17 Aug 10 at 12:22 am

One of my favorite walks. You are so lucky to live where you do.

I have already done my New York-specific life list items….but you’re more than welcome to join me on some of the international items! Maybe the next time I’m in the city you can recommend a place that will help me with #52 (Wear red lipstick without looking like a whore)?

6. Chris Cavs

17 Aug 10 at 11:20 pm

well, i do have a life list item: tour Ireland on a bike. Think you can help me with that? ;-)

7. Jonathan

18 Aug 10 at 7:13 am

Just found my way here via Pam’s blog – and SO pleased that I am discovering some great blogs to read at last!

Great photos :)