Photos from Summer

8 comments

Matty soaking up twilight.

Rob heading to a party, demonstrating how win friends.

Mildly illegal games on the 11th floor roof.

Me on Independence Day, wearing appropriate colors.

Asparagus dog.

Killer sunsets. (This photo is totally un-retouched; it’s actually that pretty.)

Fireworks on the fourth of July.

A local bar offers deep-fried brussels sprouts. They are amazing.

Waffles with strawberry butter.

Pitchers of cheap beer.

Party lights. (If you click on this photo, you can see it at full size and make it your desktop background. That’s what I did.)

July 11th, 2011 | posted in photos |

8 comments on 'Photos from Summer'

1. These photos totally made me smile :) You’re so talented! I also took your desktop advice—I love that picture.

2. margosita

11 Jul 11 at 11:54 am

You are having a gorgeous summer!

3. ChromePlatedGirl

11 Jul 11 at 1:32 pm

Can you tell me exactly where those brussel sprouts are? I would like to eat them.

Wing Bar! Aside from these and the wings, it’s the only thing on the menu worth eating.
    275 Smith St (between Degraw St & Sackett St)

4. ChromePlatedGirl

11 Jul 11 at 2:50 pm

Doh! Three blocks from my apartment! Thanks!
    I’m exclaiming!

5. Misses M

11 Jul 11 at 3:50 pm

Strawberry butter? Yum!

6. Cindy

11 Jul 11 at 4:51 pm

Asparagus Dog?!? Le Sigh. My favorite picture is the smiling dog. I love smiling dogs.

7. Sam

12 Jul 11 at 10:46 am

These are lovely!

8. najla.

12 Jul 11 at 3:40 pm

Your photos, as usual, are completely delightful!
    But I have to say this one thing and hope that I don’t sound too soapbox-y:
    I <3 cheap beer. Really. It's one of my favorite things in the whole world. But personally, I boycott Coors beers because of Coors' political ideology. They're super right-wing, and super anti-gay. :(
    I know that we all do what we can, and we can't all do *everything*. And sometimes, you've really just gotta make the choice on what's important, and when it becomes overwhelming. So sometimes we all do things that we "disagree" with because shit! It's just easier. But we also sometimes make uninformed choices that would perhaps be different if we had a more whole understanding. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I know that you're pro-gay-rights, but I wasn't sure if you chose to drink Coors because it's easier or just because you didn't know of their evil-ness.

If you'd like to read more about it, check this out: